Friday, February 25, 2011

4 weeks old, and wide awake


Can you tell who is in which picture? Breanne is the top pic and Claire is the bottom pic. They had their 4-week doctor appt earlier today, and they are doing very well according to the doctor. Claire weighs 7 lbs 4 oz and Breanne weighs 8 lbs. They have also grown a lot in length. Can you believe that they weren't even full term until two days ago? Now that all of the initial excitement has tapered down, we are starting to settle into a routine. I even packed the girls and dog up and headed up to Duluth for a few days while Lance was out of town for work. Our little venture went as well as I could have hoped. Apparentlly, car rides are a good way to make them sleep. Let's hope all of our travels go as smoothly. On a side note, I have a funny story regarding the girls' delivery that I forgot to mention earlier. Here it is: Shortly after my surgery, my parents were able to meet my surgeon. My mom mentioned to him that he had the same last name as the doctor that had delivered her son. Come to find out, that was his dad. So, my surgeon's dad just happened to be living in Devils Lake, North Dakota 32 years ago and delivered my brother. What a small world!

No comments: