Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Last Couple Weeks


Since it has been a couple of weeks, I guess I will start with the weekend after Labor Day (the 7th) whch we spent in Duluth.  We had a great time, and I think we got the last day of summer weather that Duluh will have for a while.  The girls loved playing in the water, the guys had a lot of action fishing, and Lance even went water skiing for the first time.  It only took him a couple of tries before he was up and looking like a pro.  Breanne even caught her first fish, a little Northern Pike (picture below). We had our first ECFE class last Tuesday, which I think the girls liked overall.  Claire was not very interested in sharing, and she was not willing to participate in "circle time." I guess the girls did fine while Lance and I went in another room for the parent class.  A few parents got called back to tend to their kids, but we lucked out I guess.  The second class is tonight, and we hope it goes better than the last one. Anyway, the girls keep asking to go back to "school," so hopefully we are on the right track.  Looking for something new and exciting for the girls to do, we made a last-minute decision to take a family day trip to Eau Claire, WI this past Saturday.  Lance and I lived there at the time we got married and really miss it. So, we packed up the girls, drove the 1.5 hours, and made our first stop at a great city park along the Chippewa River.  After some good playtime, we walked over to one of our favorite hangouts called Accoustic Cafe for lunch. They have great sandwiches and soup, and the girls actually did really well there.  Our last stop was the Children's Museum.  It had tons of great stuff, and there wasn't an overwhelming amount of kids.  Needless to say, we all really enjoyed it there.  It was such a great feeling to be in Eau Claire again, and we hope to get back there soon.  Sunday we got up and went to Teddy Bear Park since it will be closing for the season soon.  Meanwhile, we are looking forward to a a kid-free weekend in two weeks.  My parents are kind enough to be taking the girls so we can make some progress on finishing our basement and just get caught up on cleaning and organizing around here.  The weekend after that I am actually taking a quick trip to St. Louis, MO to visit my friend Katie. Lance is focused on getting ready for the wrestling season.  Yes, you read correctly, my 34 year old husband has not given up his favorite sport yet.  He hopes to wrestle at two or three college open tournaments this winter.  As exciting as this is, it means we have seriously stepped up the health foods and cut back on goodies around here so Lance can get into the weight class he wants.  I could definitely go for a candy bar or potato chips about now.......
 
 


No comments: