Well it's official, Lance and I are parents of one-year olds. Of course, this has been a bitter sweet occasion. We are so happy and excited to see how well they are developing and growing, but it is sad to know that the sweet little baby stage is long gone. The girls have their check-up on Friday, so we are anxious to see how much they have grown since October. We had a busy week preparing for the girls' big day. Papa and Nana Valiquette came from Washington on Wednesday. Claire had physical therapy and a cap adjustment appointment Thursday afternoon. On Friday Lance and his parents took the girls to their hotel to swim while my dear friend Katie and I took care of some party preparations (which included decorating 34 cupcakes). Friday night we celebrated Lance and Kylee's birthdays since they are also January babies. We had a house full of friends and family that night, and I think we all had a blast. We got some Chinese take-out, and I made a delicious ice cream cake for the occasion. Saturday morning we went back to the hotel where our parents were staying and decorated the meeting room. At 12:30 the party started. About 25 people (including eight kids under age 6) showed up, and we all enjoyed a taco bar and cupcakes. Some of the kids also enjoyed swimming. The girls had so much fun, as they are pretty social girls, and they got some amazing gifts. Claire and Breanne are so lucky to have such loving family and friends. I apologize that I don't have more photos to share, but I guess I was too busy enjoying the moment instead of taking tons of pictures. Now, we are all recovering from the excitement and already missing the grandparents. Baby developments: Both girls can now blow kisses. Breanne can hold up one finger when we ask her if she is one year old now. Both girls have also started to point at things that they want. Claire's physical therapy is going well, and we hope for a discharge at her next appointment. She is still doing great with her cap. I think that it has started to make a noticeable change and we expect her to wear it for another month or so. Claire just got her third tooth. I had posted a long time ago that she had gotten another tooth, but I had spoken too soon. Breanne still has just the eight teeth. We will have the girls' stats posted soon. Have a good week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment