Monday, May 09, 2011

My First Mother's Day

















































Well, I have to say that my first Mother's Day was awesome. Lance and I had a wonderful time on Saturday hiking at Gooseberry State Park and Split Rock State Park. The weather was pretty chilly and windy, but we were lucky enough to have some sunshine. We had the unpleasant experience of seeing some lingering snow at Gooseberry. Snow in May, how disgusting! After hiking we checked in to the hotel, which was right on the lake with a huge fireplace in the lobby. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and just relaxed. Of course, I woke up at about 4:00 in the morning when the girls would normally want to eat. We eventually got up and had a nice breakfast before heading back to the girls. I think that we were both anxious to see them. I got to my parents' house, and the girls were both wearing adorable dresses. Lance had surprised me by picking out dresses for them to wear in honor of Mother's Day. So sweet!

No comments: