Saturday, May 28, 2011

4 Months

Wow, our girls are 4 months old already! We had our doctor appointment yesterday. The shots were rough; I don't think I have ever heard either of the girls scream so hard before. Poor babies! Thankfully they calmed down fairly quickly (even quicker than their mom). Other than the actual injections, they seem to be handling the shots really well this time. Here are their stats: Claire weighed in at 14 lbs and 5 oz (69th percentile) and measured 25 inches long (79th percentile). Breanne weighed in at 15 lbs and 1 oz (81 percentile) and also measured 25 inches long. The doctor continues to be amazed at how quickly they are growing considering that they were only at 36 weeks gestation when they were born. To put things in perspective, Claire was in the 1st percentile and Breanne was in the 6th percentile for weight when they were born. We are having so much fun watching them change every day. They are starting to do really well lifting their heads during tummy time. They have never cared for tummy time very much, but they seem to tolerate it a lot better now that they can look around. Breanne is now sleeping flat in her crib. Up until now her matress was at a 30 degree incline and she had to be stapped in a contraption called a Danny Sling to help with her reflux. We are going to attempt cereal, and I absolutely can't wait. Breanne has not been sleeping as well lately, and I am hoping that being more full from the cereal will help. She is definitely our big eater. I think that Claire would have no problem sleeping through the night if it weren't for her sister. Breanne has made it loud and clear that she is boss. Both girls have finally started to acknowledge the other's presence. They look at eachother and give smiles and will pull at eachother's clothes. I really hope that they grow up to have the special bond that only sisters can have. I will get some pictures of them posted soon. We hope you all have a great Memorial Weekend.

No comments: