I went to my weekly doctor appointment on Friday and surprisingly ended up having to be admitted to the hospital due to high blood pressure. It turns out that I have minor P
reeclampsia. Unfortunately, I am still in the hospital and won't be released until we have our babies. My
lab work results are just slightly above acceptable levels and are only a minor concern for the doctors. However, they would like to keep me monitored to play it safe and would really like me to get to the 36-week mark before they deliver the babies. Thankfully, the babies are still looking great. In fact, Baby B is as active as ever. The nurses are always so surprised with how busy she is. I am thinking that she gets that from her dad - she just doesn't like to sit still for very long. Needless to say, she likes challenging the nurses when it is time for monitoring. At this point, the plan is to have an
Amnio test on Wednesday to see how developed the babies' lungs are. As long as the results are acceptable, we will be scheduling a c-section for the end of the week. So, I get to enjoy a boring and lonely week at the hospital.....but, I guess it could be worse. Hopefully we will have baby photos posted by next week!
1 comment:
Hi, Jess and Lance. We're all waiting anxiously for pictures of your new babies. Love from the Fellman group.
Post a Comment