

No, the pictures above are not of the world's largest
beach ball or a whale.......it is me with a 34-week baby belly. Obviously, I am getting huge and am starting to really feel it. I have also been battling a cold for the last
couple of weeks, which hasn't helped the situation one bit. I am glad to say that it is now behind me, and I am starting to feel better. Recently, I have come to the conclusion that what I feel like when trying to get up from the couch or from bed is similar to what a beached whale must feel like. And I am not talking about a cute little killer whale, I am talking more along the lines of a giant blue whale. Apparently, I make quite the entertaining sight. Thankfully I have been done working since Christmas time, so I have been able to take it easy most of the time. I don't know how women can work full-time or how women with other children to take care of make it through the last stretch of their pregnancy. As impatient as I am getting, I am finding solace in the fact that the pregnancy is still going great. The babies were measured in an ultrasound about two weeks ago, and Baby A was estimated to weigh about 4 lbs 6 oz and Baby B was estimated to weigh about 5 lbs 3 oz. I can't believe that I could be carrying about 10 lbs of baby right now. I am also surprised to see that at least one of them seems to be changing
positions almost every week. Where are they finding room? Both babies are practicing breathing and have been passing the non-stress tests with flying colors. At my appointment last Friday, the doctor said that they are both looking as "happy as clams" where they are at. I was also informed that my uterus is extremely active with contractions and that our little ladies will probably decide to show up before 38-weeks. If not, I may just have to take matters into my own hands. Lance has been on the road a lot the last couple of weeks. He will finally be done with his distant travels and some project deadlines at the end of next week. He has given the girls permission to arrive after that. I sure hope they listen! Stay tuned, as our next post should let you know what the delivery plan is. We are almost there!!!!!!!
2 comments:
You look SO great for carrying twins .... I first hand know the stuggles you are going through and trust me it will be all be worth it in the end!!!! Pat and I can't wait to meet our new TWIN nieces :) Hope to catch up with you on Wednesday for a bit!!!
Ah!
Jess, I'm so happy to read that you and the girls are doing well. You are so close now! Much love and hoping for a safe delivery for you all! Can't wait to see some pictures...
Sara Olexa
Post a Comment