Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Well, Lance and I are both in disbelief that we have already been married four years. This year truly has been an amazing one! We have been very busy the last few weeks. We decided to tackle our rather outdated kitchen. So far, we have installed new cabinets and countertops. We still need to do some painting and some decorative tiling on the walls. It has been quite the project, but it is looking great so far, and I can't wait to see the finished project. We decided to take a break this weekend and enjoyed the beautiful weather and just spent some relaxed time together. It was so nice! In honor of our annversary we actually went out and bought a new 42-inch flatscreen tv. I love it! I don't know if it is my old age or what, but our little 19-inch tv just wasn't cutting it anymore. We also surprised ourselves this weekend by actually going out on a Saturday night and staying up past 10:00. We met up with our friends Katie and Jay for dinner and a game of bowling. Of course, Lance dominated with a score of 159. I had to take satisfaction in my meager score of 83. We had a really fun time. Next weekend we will be heading to Duluth before Lance starts a long trek servicing Home Depot and Lowes stores in northern Minnesota and the Dakotas. Shortly after he returns, we will be heading out to Devils Lake, ND to spend Labor Day weekend with my grandparents. We are really looking forward to it. A lot of things will be changing for us over the next year, so we are not sure when we will get another chance to get out there. At this point you are probably asking yourself "Changes? What changes?" Well, we have been absolutely dying to share the news, so here it goes..... WE ARE EXPECTING TWINS!!!!!!!!! That's right, I am 13 weeks pregnant with twins. Where they think they are going to find room in this rather petite body of mine is well beyond me. Of course, the idea of twins is a little overwhelming, but we are very excited. The original due date was February 23, but twins are considered full term after 34 weeks. So, we can probably expect their arrival in January. So far, everything has been going great and the doctors are pleased with what they have seen. Of course, I could do without the fatigue and nausea, but even that has been getting better over the last couple of weeks. I am so lucky to have such an understanding husband who makes dinner and puts up with my lack of housekeeping. Now that I am feeling more like myself I hope to be able to pull my own weight around here again. We will keep you all updated on the pregnancy and maybe even show a few belly shots. In the meantime, feel free to send some positive thoughts our way for a healthy and easy pregnancy. So much to celebrate this anniversary! We hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Cap Fam said...

How exciting!! I guess you couldn't let Pat get all the attention!! Congratulations on the pregnancy!! We are definitely sending you positive vibes for a great pregnancy!