Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September So Far

It is definitely starting to feel like fall around here.  The temps dropped from 70s to low 60s and the wind has really picked up.  Needless to say, trips to the park have been sparse lately.  We have been trying to make up for that by getting the girls to the community center a few times a week.  The center just opened a new childcare center, so the girls can have supervised playtime while I can get a break and try to get back into shape a little bit.  Of course, we get the girls to the pool quite often as well.  The girls and I had a good time in Duluth last week.  We even went to the aquarium with my mom, and then met my dad for lunch one of the days.  Auntie Angie was also able to spend some time with us. The highlight of the trip, however, would have to be the big news that we received while we were there.  Angela and her boyfriend, Reed, are getting married!  It is so weird thinking that my baby sister is engaged, but we are all super excited for them.  The "Big Day" will probably be in June or July, which will be here in no time at all.  Well, I guess that is the extent of our month so far.  Lance is adjusting to his new position at work, and I am trying to prepare myself for an upcoming trip to Boston.  That's right, I am leaving my girls and my husband for four nights!  My friend Katie and I are both going to be turning 30 (or, as I like to say, turning 29 for a second time) within the next couple of months, and we have talked about doing something big for years; so, this is what we came up with.  My mom, my sister, Katie, Katie's mom, and I will be flying out to Boston on October 4th and will be returning October 8th.  We have some GREAT stuff planned, including a day trip to Portland, Maine and a whale watching tour.  Meanwhile, Lance is staying home to watch the girls.  Do I have an amazing husband or what?  Lance's parents will actually be coming out from Washington during that time to visit and help out.  I haven't been away from the girls this long before, so I have to admit that I am already feeling a little bit of anxiety about the whole thing.  On the other hand, I am REALLY looking forward to the break.  Baby developments:  The girls are getting really good at making animal sounds.  I can say "cow," "cat," "dog," "horse," "pig," "sheep," "owl," "duck," or "snake," and they will make the associated sound.  They are also starting to try to count and say their ABC's with us. It seems like they are understanding more and more of what we say to them every day.  They both love Curious George and Elmo.   In fact, Breanne has started to say "Elmo," but it sounds more like "momo."  Breanne has also started to say "Claire."  They have both recently developed an interest in coloring.  Well, it sounds like nap time is over, so I guess I'm done here.  We hope you are all enjoying your fall!

No comments: