Tuesday, August 07, 2012

An August Update

Thankfully, the weather has been a little more comfortable lately, so we have been spending more time enjoying the outdoors.  Our trip to Duluth was really good, but hot.  Lance and I were able to watch Angela perform at an outdoor music festival, and she did great as always.  The girls finally got their first Lake Superior experience, and they LOVED it.  Us girls are actually heading back up to Duluth this weekend so Lance and my dad can build our new deck without us getting in the way.  We seem to have survived the girls' doctor appointment pretty well.  There was a lot of screaming with the shots, but otherwise everything went fine.  I accidentally left the printout with their percentiles at the  clinic, so I don't have the specifics to share.  I can tell you that Breanne weighed in at 27.5 lbs and measured 33 in. long; and Claire weighed in at 25 lbs and also measured 33 in. long. Baby developments:  The girls seem to be increasing their vocabulary every day.  So far we have heard the words (or somewhat clear attempts) of "hi," bye-bye," "shoes," "eyes," "book," "Reggie," "Mama," "Dada," "Nana," "Papa," "park," "ball," "hat," "slide," "no," "all done," "down," and "butterfly." Breanne seems to love playing in the dirt outside.  Earlier today I actually watched her piling it one handful at a time on her beautifully clean head.   Interestingly, she is also very good at picking up after herself (i.e. putting toys away, etc).  Claire has recently learned to throw kicking tantrums when she doesn't get her way and can give a nasty glare that just can't be translated to words.  She has also become quite the dancer and loves music.  The girls like to walk around and dance holding hands.  They just think it is the greatest thing and can't stop giggling while they do it.  On a really exciting note, we just got an annual membership to the local community center, so the girls will be doing a lot of swimming and socializing.  The girls also got the surprise of having their car seats changed to front-facing, and they really seem to like it.  Well, I am sure that I am forgetting to mention a lot of things, but that is all I have for now.

No comments: