Friday, June 22, 2012

Our Week

Well, let's start with Father's Day weekend.  We ended up at the mall Saturday morning so the girls could run around the play area since it was raining like crazy outside.  The weather cleared up in the afternoon and got pretty hot and humid, so we went to the community center to go swimming.  On Father's Day, Lance got up early to enjoy a nice bicycle ride.  I know he would love to get out to do that more often, but we just seem to be keeping too busy.  Once Lance got home from his ride, we headed to Stillwater to bring the girls back to Teddy Bear Park.  It was a beautiful morning, and we all had a good time.  On Monday, the girls, Reggie, and I packed up and headed to Duluth while Lance headed to the airport to spend the week in Colorado for work.  We all returned home yesterday.  Our trip to Duluth was good, but a little crazy.  We were stuck inside most of the time due to monsoon-like weather.  We got 8-10 inches of rain in about a 24-hour period (this is equal to about 84 inches of snow). The city had serious flooding, which I think even made some national news.  Streets are completely washed out, bridges have disappeared, and houses are terribly damaged.  A polar bear and seal even managed to escape from the Duluth Zoo for a short while before they were brought safely home.  Sadly, 11 other animals from the Zoo drowned.  On a much more positive note, there have been no human casualties that I know of.  If you want to see for yourself that I am not making this stuff up, visit this link for pictures   http://www.photoshow.com/watch/SV6jC2Dw .  It is just unbelievable!  We have a quiet weekend coming up that involves a company picnic and preparing for some special visitors next week.  Lance's parents will be arriving late on Monday night, and then we have a fun-filled week ahead.  Baby developments:  the girls attended their first story time at the local library with our neighbor friends.  Since the library is attached to a small community center, they were also able to enjoy some open gym time.  Both girls now like to make barking sounds when they see or hear a dog.  I am sure that there many other things that I am forgetting to mention, but they really do change and learn new things every day.

No comments: