As I am sitting here enjoying a bowl of microwave popcorn and watching my two little sweethearts sleeping, I realized that I am due for an update on the blog. We have all been doing really well. The girls continue to grow and develop every day. They have just started to give real smiles that melt my heart every time. Their sleeping schedule has managed to stay pretty tolerable. We usually get them to bed by about 10:00. They wake up around 2:00 for a feeding and then go back to sleep until about 6:00. Caffeine has become my new best friend since I usually don't get a nap during the day. We have travelled with the girls to Duluth a few times now and I even hauled them to the mall one day so that I could walk around and spend some time out of the house. We also made a trip to my old employer's office to say hello. I have quickly learned to embrace the fact that it takes me about two hours for us to get ready to go anywhere. I have to take two trips to the car, as I am only able to carry one carseat at a time. Then, I get to struggle with the double stroller once we get to our destination. So much work! Oh well, at least it helps to break the monotanous cycle of wiping butts and making bottles. We are all extremely anxious for warm weather so we can add the outdoors to our adventures. The girls had their 2-month doctor appointment on Monday. Claire now weighs 10 lbs 5 oz, and Breanne weighed 11 lbs. They both measured 22 inches long. We have been using high-calorie formula for the girls ever since they were born in order to help them put on some extra weight. We were finally given approval from the doctor to switch to a regular formula. This was good news, as I think that the girls are starting to need something a little more gentle on the tummy. Both girls received 3 shots in their legs, so we had a rough 24 hours after the appointment. They cried whenever they kicked or stretched their legs and had good sized lumps at the injection site. The poor things! I am already dreading their 4-month appointment. On a positive note, we all got a nice, uniterrupted 6-hour stretch of sleep that night. Thankfully, they seem to be doing much better today. Now we can look forward to some special visitors that are arriving tomorrow. Lance's parents, grandma and niece will be here for a long weekend. I know that the girls will be very happy to see their nana and papa from Washington again. They will also have a blast meeting their great grandma and big cousin Kylee. Well, both babies are stirring, so I think my moment of tranquility is coming to an end.
Green Island (Part II)
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment