Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lovin' St. Paul

I just have to take a moment to say that I am really liking my new job and loving the area of St. Paul that I work in. Lance and I spent an evening exploring the area a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. There are tons of different shops, bars, buildings, and restaurants. We walked through a nice little park lit with white lights and went to an amazing greek restaurant in the old St. Paul Depot. There is just so much cool stuff to check out. If we didn't have a 75 lb dog that requires room to run, we would even consider living in the middle of it all. The driving hasn't even really bothered me. My 10-mile drive to work takes about 30 minutes on a bad day. The idea of living in a big city has always intimidated me, but living here has been a lot of fun. And did I mention that the shopping possibilities are endless? But, don't get me wrong; I do not, and I don't think I ever will, have the desire to live in an area like Chicago or New York City. A really nice thing about our location is that we can go to about 5 different state parks within a 40 mile radius when the city gets to be a bit too much. I just think it's funny how scary this area was to me growing up, and now there are very few scary things about it. If anybody ever wants to visit the area, we'll show you a good time!

No comments: