Monday, July 21, 2014

Catching Up, Again

Well, another month has come and gone rather quickly.  I hardly remember what we did last week, not to mention last month, but I will do my best to cover the highlights.  We spent the 4th of July weekend in Duluth to partake at Tyler's birthday party (which took place at my parents' house on the lake).  I think the kids had a great time together.  We decided to stop at Enger Park (the place where Lance and I got married almost 8 years ago) on our way out of town.  We hadn't been there since the wedding, and we thought the girls would enjoy going to the top of the tower.  It was fun for all of us.  Since then, we have been trying to stay busy with playdates and hanging out at the local beach.  The girls' issue with bugs has become a lot more manageable, so we have been able to spend more time outside lately (Hallelujah!).  We recently found out that Lance was not chosen for the Sales Manager position that he applied for in Oregon.  However, the guys out there really want him to be part of their team, so things are in the works to possibly move out there in the spring for a different position.  Even though there is an underlying disappointment, we are also relieved.  We just didn't feel ready for such a big move and rushing to get our house ready to go on the market.  Now we can enjoy the rest of our summer and continue to stay focused on our home improvement projects.  I think we will be a lot more prepared for such a big change by the time spring gets here (especially after another Minnesota winter).  We just signed the girls up for a preschool (ages 3-5) summer camp at our community center.  So, August 5th-7th I will be child-free from 9am to Noon.  I won't even know what to do with myself, but I am REALLY looking forward to it.  If it goes well, we hope to sign up for another session the following week.  We will be in Duluth at the end of the week as Lance will be on the road servicing his Northern Minnesota stores and will meet us there Friday.  Is it just me, or does this summer seem to be going by too fast?

No comments: