Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Busy in June

June started out big with the arrival of Lance's parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece.  This was the first time that Travis and Wendy have met Claire and Breanne, so it was a very special time.  The girls had such a blast with everyone.  We spent a lot of time just hanging out and enjoying each other's company and the sunshine whenever it decided to show up.  We did manage to get out and do a few things: checked out garage sales, planted our vegetable garden, had a picnic at and explored a state park, went swimming at the community center, went to the Children's Museum, and went on a brewery tour.  That brings us up to Thursday when Nana flew in. Friday morning we all went to a local trampoline park, where I think everyone had a really good time.  That evening we went to the first car show of the season.  On Saturday we got Kylee to the airport and then we met Nana's sister and her family in Bloomington for a nice lunch/reunion.  On Sunday it was time for everyone else to head home.  I don't think that the girls are very happy that they are once again stuck with boring Mom while Daddy is at work.  I had a week to regroup and get organized before I headed to Duluth for my sister's bridal shower.  Lance had just spent a couple of days in Albuquerque and then was going to be traveling to Saint Louis on Monday, so he stayed home with the girls.  It was a much enjoyed break for me.  The shower itself was a huge success.  I had sent out 30 invites and we had close to 25 people come.  Our grandma and our aunts from North Dakota even made the trip over, which was great. Now, I get to start planning the bachelorette party!  Sadly, I didn't really get a chance to take out the camera for all of the fun moments we have had this month, but I will post any that are shared by the others who did manage to get some nice photos. We are expecting my parents for a visit this weekend and then we hope to head up to Duluth the last weekend in June.  The craziness of summer has officially begun!





No comments: