Wow, I don't even know where to begin. I guess we will start with Monday before last. I was on my own that night with the girls since Lance was on the road. I had the girls in the tub and had stepped out of the bathroom to grab towels. All of a sudden the girls started screaming and crying. I rush in there to find that someone had pooped in the tub. The girls were freaked out and saying "yucky." I quickly got them out, but it took me a good 15 minutes to get them to calm down. Two days later the girls were in their room for nap time when all of a sudden Claire got really upset about something. I go in there to find Claire without pants or diaper on. She had then apparently proceeded to poop on the floor. She had somehow gotten her foot in the poop, which is what got her so upset. I tried calming her down and wiped her foot clean. This whole time she refused to put the foot that had been dirty on the floor and just kept saying "yucky." I had to put her in the bath before she finally calmed down. The whole incident was actually quite comical besides the fact that we were left with a poopy shag rug. UUGGHHH! This week the "potty drama" continued with Claire once again stripping down, but this time peeing in her bed. Needless to say, potty training has become a sudden priority. I admit that I am in a bit of denial that my girls are big enough to start potty training, but I guess we can't ignore the signs any longer. Anyway, to backtrack a little, Breanne has developed a very strong dislike for baths ever since the bathtub incident. We are talking purple in the face screaming and trying with all of her might to get out of the tub. Even hearing the word "bath" upsets her. We have tried different toys, we tried a different bathtub, we tried mommy in the tub, and mommy in the shower, even bath crayons, but nothing seems to help. The bath crayons did work the first time (until she looked down and saw the water), but she was not to be fooled twice. We are still trying different strategies and hope she can get past this soon. This has been especially difficult to deal with since Lance is doing a lot of overnight traveling for work. We decided to get a change of pace and scene by heading to Duluth last weekend since I hadn't been home for over a month. We had a great time and enjoyed the tranquility and winter beauty at my parents' new house. We came home on Sunday and celebrated the girls' actual birthday. I swear these girls have doubled their toy inventory just from Christmas and their birthday. They sure are some lucky girls! Yesterday we all headed to the pediatrician's office for the girls' two year wellness check. They really had a blast with it, especially since they didn't need any shots. They loved standing on the "big girl scale" to get weighed, getting their blood pressure taken, and wearing the gowns. Once again, we were blown away with how big they are getting. Claire weighed in at 28 lbs and 6.4 oz (72nd percentile) and measured 35.5 inches long (89th percentile). Breanne weighed in at 30 lbs and 6.4 oz (88th percentile) and measured 36 inches long (94th percentile). The doctor said that their adult height will probably reach about 5ft 8 inches. At this rate, these girls are going to be taller than their mommy in no time! I have to say this whole "my babies are growing up" thing is quite a bitter pill to swallow sometimes, but we are so thankful for how well they are developing. Lance and I have even had to start spelling certain words around the girls if we don't want them to know what we are talking about. That is just crazy to me. After all of the excitement over the past couple of weeks, we are looking forward to having a quiet weekend at home and avoiding the cold weather as much as possible. I know that I am probably skipping over a bunch of stuff as usual, but I think that this post is long enough as it is. We hope you are all staying warm! Until next time, enjoy these pics of our little hams at the doctor's office.
Green Island (Part II)
11 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment