As I mentioned before, Lance and I had plans for a baby-free weekend. So, I brought the girls up to Duluth the Friday before last. I thought I was ready for the break, but it was still hard to leave when the time came. My mood was quickly lifted when I won tickets on the radio during my drive home to an awesome outdoor concert that is scheduled for July. We will get to see Train, Cake, and Matt Kearney (just to name a few). When I finally got home, Lance and I started the evening by going to a bar nearby that happens to be the oldest bar in Minnesota. We enjoyed a sandwich and a beer then went home and got a few things done around the house to prepare for all of the projects we wanted to get done Saturday. We ended the night by watching a movie (
Cowboys and Aliens) totally uninterrupted. It was so nice! Saturday we got up bright and early and got to work. I painted the bathroom and did some much needed cleaning. Lance spent most of the day putting in new grout in the brickwork on the outside of the house. Late afternoon we got cleaned up and went out to a delicious dinner then made a quick stop at Sam's Club. We ended the night meeting my dear friend Katie and a group of her friends for drinks. This was our last "Hurrah" before Katie moved to St. Louis, MO. We are so sad to see her leave, but we are very excited for her to have new opportunities. We got up bright and early Sunday and got back to work. Lance continued with the brickwork and I continued my cleaning and went grocery shopping. It was so nice to have a thoroughly clean house and an immense feeling of accomplishment. Finally, we were able to head to Duluth early afternoon to go see the girls. I have to say that the drive felt a lot longer than usual. We were both definitely ready to see our little munchkins. I stayed in Duluth with the girls until Wednesday while Lance was on the road for work. We have been trying to get back into our normal routines and waiting for warmer and drier weather ever since. The girls have their 15-month wellness appointment this upcoming Friday, and we are anxious to see how much they have grown. Baby developments: the girls just love climbing (whether it is on the furniture, stairs, or playground equipment), and they are getting so good at it; they recently started to give each other hugs, which melts my heart; they both love to look at books and play with toys that involve fitting different shaped blocks into different shaped holes. Swim lessons start in June!
No comments:
Post a Comment