Wednesday, December 07, 2011

December Update

Is it just me, or have the holidays arrived way too quickly this year? I think having kids really makes time go by incredibly fast. My parents came for a visit last weekend, which we really enjoyed. Lance and I were able to get out for a few hours to do our Christmas shopping and had a nice lunch while Nana and Papa had some time with the girls. It felt really good to spend some time together without the girls, and I always love a good shopping adventure! We will be having the Brannan family Christmas this weekend in Duluth, and we are all looking forward to it. Baby developments: Breanne is walking all over the place. She still crawls a lot, but she can walk across the room when she wants. Claire is still content just crawling. Claire is now shaking her head "no" just like her sister. We met with a specialist last week and are moving forward with getting a cranial cap for Claire. The poor thing will have to wear the cap for about 23 hours a day for about the next 3 months. We are starting the process pretty late in her development, so it is hard to say how much of a difference it will make. She was scanned today, and we should have the cap in two weeks. She was also prescribed a physical therapy treatment plan to fix a mild case of Torticollis. We have to do stretches with her at home, and she goes back to the hospital about every two weeks through February for physical therapy appointments. We will also be going there every two weeks for her cap adjustments. We will try to coordinate everything as best we can, but we have a crazy couple of months ahead of us with all of this running around. It is times like this that I really think having retired grandparents in the area would be awesome. We don't really have any babysitters in the area that are available on weekdays. So, I guess poor Breanne will have to deal with all of the appointments as well. Oh well, after seeing many other families at the children's hospital with kids that have heartbreaking conditions, I can't help but be thankful and think that our situation is a walk in the park. I hope to have some good pictures from this upcoming weekend, so check back soon.

No comments: