Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend and More

I will have to speak for everyone in the house when I say that our Father's Day weekend was really good. Lance had to work on Saturday, but we were able to enjoy most of it nontheless. We walked to a local car show Friday night and heard live music and enjoyed a chocolate milkshake. The girls didn't mind the noise at all. My parents and sister came down on Saturday for a quick visit and some shopping. We had Olive Garden for dinner - delicious! Lance worked on our back porch on Sunday. We had to take out a section of railing and add some stairs so that Reggie can have access to the newly fenced-in backyard. Thankfully, Lance took a break so that we could take the girls to the Como Zoo. This is a small and very inexpensive zoo in St. Paul with a really beautiful park next to it. The weather was perfect, and the girls seemed to enjoy being outside. They slept a lot of the time though. Claire was even lucky enough to see a little monkey up close. She was really interested in it. I think that both of the girls are in a growth spurt because they are sleeping so much lately. We have been enjoying 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night for the past week. They have been going to bed between 9:00 and 10:00, sleeping until about 4:00 without a peep, then going back to sleep for a couple of hours after they have a bottle. It has been so nice not getting up every few hours to give Breanne her pacifier. I think the cereal must be helping. They are both really liking it now. They have had apples, bananas, peaches, sweet potato, peas, and prunes mixed in their cereal so far. The only one that they don't seem to like is the apples. I will try the the apples one more time though since that was what we tried first. I am hoping that they will like them now since they are more comfortable with the cereal. Some other exciting baby news: both Breanne and Claire can roll from thier tummy to their back now. Claire was kind enough to make sure that her mommy and daddy were both around to see her first roll.

No comments: