Thursday, July 09, 2009

A long Weekend in Washington

We were lucky enough to spend the holiday weekend with Lance's family in Washington. It was great to have a little vacation and catch up with people that we have not seen in a very long time. Anne and Art have not had their boys home together for about nine years, and Lance hadn't even been back home for three years. Needless to say, this trip was long overdue. The main reason for the trip was to surprise Art for his 60th birthday. Lance and I got to Washington a few days early so that we could do a little sightseeing. We drove the 101 around the northern peninsula. It was beautiful. We also spent some quality time with Travis and Wendy as well as Lance's friend Ryan and his wife Darcy. Friday night we all went to a Tacoma Rainier baseball game and fireworks show. You can imagine Art's surprise when he is walking up to his seat and sees his two sons sitting there! On Saturday the guys hung out while us ladies went to a wolf sanctuary. I think we all enjoyed learning more about wolves and seeing their beauty. That night we had a barbeque and played a rather heated game of kickball. I even have battle scars to prove it. On Sunday we had a party for Art that had a great combination of good friends, family, and delicious food. Props to Anne for organizing everything. I know everyone had a great time. I apologize for the lack of quantity and quality of some of the family pictures. I didn't realize how unclear the pictures were until I enlarged them on the computer. I thought that I had taken a lot of pictures, but didn't realize how very few of them were actually of family. Anyway, I will try harder next time (you have been warned Valiquettes!) and hopefully it won't take another three years to get back out there.

No comments: