We spent Valentine's Day weekend in
Eau Claire so that Lance could participate in his third cage fight. This promotion was called the Valentine's Day Massacre, and I think it really lived up to its name. The first fight ended with a knockout, there were numerous choke outs, and someone actually had to be carried out on a stretcher (mostly for precautionary reasons though). As I am waiting for Lance to fight so that I can get the heck out of the scene, I couldn't help but wonder why so many people find this barbaric sport so entertaining. Well, I guess it is a step up from the
Colosseum days. Lance's first round went really well. He had control until the middle of the second round, and then the other fighter managed to flip things around and Lance ended up having to tap out. Although he is a little disappointed how the fight ended, he enjoyed experiencing the
camaraderie of the fighters and was happy with how he fought in the first round. My parents and my friend Katie came over for the fight, and we all had a great time. Lance might be fighting again at the end of the month in Racine, WI. We will keep you posted. In the meantime, Lance is incredibly busy working overtime and trying to keep up with his MBA classes. I am heading to Duluth next Wednesday to help babysit the twins and go to their baptism in Minneapolis that Sunday. I plan on taking a lot of pictures, so check back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment