Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What's Cookin'

We have been trying a lot of new recipes in an attempt to make healthy food more exciting. We have added links (on the right column, under the friends and family website links) to the recipes that we have enjoyed so far. There is also a link to a great website where you can find your own recipes to try out. We will continue to add good recipes as we find them. Our team is doing well starting our fourth week of the 100-day Lighten Up Wisconsin challenge. As of this minute we have lost 2.5% of our total body weight and have 5785 minutes of activity. We were supposed to weigh in today, but we are all at home due to blizzard conditions. I get to add two hours of shoveling to our activity minutes! I had lost one pound at the last weigh in, so we will see what the scales says later this week. Unfortunately, I think I set myself back by not being very active and going out to eat twice over the weekend. Besides battling the snow, we have been busy with work and trying to find fun things to do to get us out of the house. We went to Madison the past two weekends. The first weekend we went to a bookstore and had a lot of fun looking around. We also went to a great Loatian (Laos) restaurant. This last weekend we went to a gourmet mexican restaurant and then to the University to watch the Badgers wrestle Iowa. The score was very close, but unfortunately Iowa won. Next time we will have to bring our camera so we can get a picture with Bucky, the Badger mascot. This upcoming weekend I am heading to Duluth to get fitted for a bridesmaid dress and to spend time with my family. I am really looking forward to it and keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates.

No comments: